The Eastern Echo Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2024 | Print Archive

Outside Mark Jefferson

What’s the move? Oct. 7-13

Check out these events happening on and around Eastern Michigan University's campus this week.

Career Paths in Science: A Local Perspective - Oct. 7.

Receive a fresh perspective on the scientific career path with Avery Blanks in the Mark Jefferson Science Complex Room 171 from 4-5 p.m.

Homecoming Spirit Station - Oct. 7.

Stop by the Spirit Station in the Student Center for a paint-by-number experience. The station is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Major Exploration Fair - Oct. 8.

Learn about the 200+ major options as an undergraduate in this LBC credit-approved event. The fair is in the Student Center Ballroom from 12-4 p.m.

Guest Artist Lecture: Chie Fueki - Oct. 8.

See the paintings of and see the complex process of Chie Fueki in the Halle Library Auditorium at 5 p.m.

IT/STEM Job & Internship Fair - Oct. 9.

Find out about job opportunities within the STEM and IT fields. The fair is in the Student Center Ballroom and runs from 1-4 p.m.

Mental Health Awareness: Feeling Better 101 with CAPS - Oct. 9

See the introduction for CAPS and what they offer for mental health and to help raise awareness. The event is free to the public, LBC credit-approved, and on Zoom from 4-5 p.m.

OUT on the Lawn - Oct. 10.

Hear the coming-out stories and experiences of peers on the lawn of Pray-Harrold from 2-4 p.m.

Live Music: Dan Dan Laird & Mark Collins at Mash - Oct. 11

See Dan Dan and Mark of The Swift Brothers perform at Mash Ypsilanti. The performance runs from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m.

Coming Out Downtown - Oct. 12.

Ypsi Pride invites all to come out downtown to celebrate LGBT History Month. The event begins at 11 a.m.

EmpowerED: The High School Literary Arts and Critical Culture Program - Oct. 13

Learn about literary arts and make zines at the Ypsilanti District Library, Whittaker Branch. The workshop runs from 1-2:30 p.m.