The Eastern Echo Monday, Oct. 21, 2024 | Print Archive

mcantrell_20231031_1797.jpg

What’s the move? Oct. 22-28

Check out these events happening on Eastern Michigan University's campus this week.

National Transfer Student Movie Night! - Oct. 22.

As a part of National Transfer Student Week, enjoy a free double feature of The Addams Family. The films will be screened in Pray-Harrold Room 204 from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.

National Transfer Student Trick-or-Treat - Oct. 23.

As a part of National Transfer Student Week, meet different student organizations on campus in Student Center Ballroom A from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Public Speaking Workshop with The Holman Success Center- Oct. 23.

Earn LBC credit and learn art of creating and delivering a compelling speech. The workshop will be in Halle Library Room G09 from 6-7:30 p.m. Register here.

Amplifying the Arts' Creative Connections - Oct. 24.

See artists showcase their talents and build connections. Located in Student Center Room 300 from 6-8:00 p.m.

National Transfer Student Week Take Over - Oct. 24.

As part of National Transfer Student Week, join your fellow transfer students and hang out with them while having some popcorn. It will be held in Halle Library from 6-9 p.m.

National Transfer Week Paint Your Own Pottery - Oct. 25.

As part of National Transfer Student Week, paint your own pottery at Glaze, located at 36 N Huron from 7-10:30 p.m. Spots are limited; you must RSVP by 10/21 at the latest.

Adulting 101: Car Maintenance - Oct. 25.

Learn how to check and maintain critical components of your vehicle. The event is open to the public and located in the Honors College from 4-5 p.m. Register here.

Long Pond Revisited: The Songs of Lori Laitman - Oct. 26.

Watch The School of Music & Dance voice faculty present the songs of American composer, Lori Laitman at The Honors College Auditorium. The event is LBC credit approved and runs from 7:30-8:30 p.m.

William Stewart Concerto Competition - Oct. 27.

Attend a performance hosted by the EMU Bands. Located in Pease Auditorium from 3-5:30 p.m.

Gender in the Election panel - Oct. 28

Hear from a panel featuring Congresswoman Debbie Dingell, Provost Rhonda Longworth, and students and faculty members about the role of gender in this historic election. The event is LBC credit approved and will be from 3-4:30 p.m. in Strong Room 100.