The Eastern Echo Thursday, Oct. 17, 2024 | Print Archive

Introducing the 2024 EMU Black Homecoming King & Queen candidates

As Homecoming Week approaches at Eastern Michigan University, excitement fills the air with the introduction of the 2024 EMU Black Homecoming King and Queen candidates. 

These students, each representing the diversity and talent within our community, have showcased their dedication and leadership throughout their time at EMU.

This week offers an opportunity to learn more about these candidates, whose contributions and aspirations aim to reflect the values of EMU.

Candidates for King

Kamani Allen: Junior majoring in pre-med and member of the Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., Delta Nu Chapter, Black Student Union, and Style. 

Damarion Stanley: Junior majoring in clinical laboratory science and member of Kings of Color, Black Student Union, Style, N.A.P.S, and Brotherhood/Sisterhood Ambassador.

Jordon Brooks: Senior majoring in aviation management technology and treasurer of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., Delta Nu Chapter, and President of Kings of Color. 

Candidates for Queen

Chanel Bridges: Senior majoring in athletic training and member of Sista’s That Care, Bronze Beauties, Kings of Color and is a Campus Life coach. 

Mykah Burton: Senior majoring in fashion marketing innovation and member of Sistas That Care, Style, and Black Student Union.

Nia Carnegie: Senior majoring in social work and member of Black Student Union, Bronze Beauties, and Diversion Dance Troupe. 

Ruth Mella: Senior majoring in social work. 

Cece Phillips: Senior majoring in product design engineering and technology and member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Xi Chapter.

Myranda Wiggins: Senior majoring in communication, media studies and theatre arts and member of Black Student Union, Sistas That Care, and president of Burning Bush College.

Prepare to cast your votes for the 2024 EMU Black Homecoming King and Queen.

Voting opens on Oct. 14th and closes on Oct. 16th at 11:59 PM, providing a vital opportunity for faculty, staff, and students to make their voices heard. Only one ballot can be submitted.

Winners will be announced at the EMU Black Homecoming Yard Show on Oct. 17, 8-10 p.m.