The Eastern Echo Monday, Oct. 28, 2024 | Print Archive

Homecoming Game 2024 2

Eagle Sports Tips and Tales: Oct. 29-Nov. 4

The passion and support from Eagle Nation play a vital role in the success of Eastern Michigan sports.

“It was awesome to see Eagle Nation show up like that; I haven’t seen the stadium that packed. You know, we pull up to the game and there’s tons of fans, tents, I mean people everywhere… I think that had a lot to do with us being able to stick together and persevere through a lot of the adversity,” EMU quarterback Cole Snyder said.

As we head into the final days of October and kick off November, get ready for an exciting lineup of EMU athletic events!

With various matchups across multiple sports, there's something for every fan to look forward to, from intense basketball showdowns to crucial conference championships. Here’s your guide to this week's can’t-miss EMU athletic events:

Women’s Golf at Hurricane Invitational
Kicking off the action, the EMU women’s golf team will travel to Coral Gables, Florida, for the Hurricane Invitational on Oct. 28-29. This all-day event presents a fantastic opportunity for the Eagles to showcase their skills against top competition.

Men’s Basketball vs. Central State
On Oct. 30, the EMU men’s basketball team begins their season at home in the Convocation Center with an exciting matchup against Central State at 6:30 p.m. Fans can’t miss the chance to see the Eagles in action as they look to start the season strong.

Soccer at Akron
On Halloween, the EMU soccer team heads to Akron for a critical conference clash at 4 p.m. on Oct. 31. This match is essential as the Eagles aim to make their mark in Mid-American Conference (MAC) play.

Tennis at MSU Hidden Duals
The EMU tennis team will compete in the MSU Hidden Duals from Nov. 1-3 in East Lansing, Michigan. This event will allow the Eagles to face stiff competition and test their abilities against strong opponents.

Volleyball at Ball State
The EMU volleyball team faces a doubleheader weekend in Muncie, Indiana, with matches against Ball State on Nov. 1 at 6 p.m. and Nov. 2 at 4 p.m. These back-to-back contests are crucial as the Eagles seek to secure victories in MAC play.

Football vs. Toledo
One of the season's most anticipated games, EMU football will take on the Toledo Rockets at home on Nov. 2 at 12 p.m. Fans are sure to enjoy an electrifying game as the Eagles look to secure a big win against their MAC rivals.

Women’s Basketball vs. Texas State
On Nov. 4, Eastern Michigan women’s basketball kicks off their season with a home opener against Texas State at 6:30 p.m. Don’t miss the action at the Convocation Center as the Eagles take the court to begin their journey.

Men’s Basketball at Texas State
The EMU men’s basketball team hits the road to face Texas State on Nov. 4 at 8 p.m. in their second game of the season. This early-season matchup is an important test for the Eagles as they build momentum for the year ahead.

With such a packed schedule, be sure to mark your calendars and support your Eastern Michigan Eagles. Stay tuned to The Eastern Echo for updates, scores, and highlights from all the action!