The Eastern Echo Saturday, Oct. 12, 2024 | Print Archive

Football Helmet

Eagle Sports Tips and Tales: Oct. 13-21

Get ready for a jam-packed weekend of sports action as Eastern Michigan athletics heads into mid-October with some of the season's most anticipated matchups! From high-stakes lacrosse games to thrilling volleyball showdowns and cross-country invitational races, EMU athletes are set to leave it all on the field. Whether you're cheering from the sidelines in Ypsilanti or following the action from afar, here's a breakdown of the can’t-miss events happening across multiple sports this week.

Lacrosse Tripleheader in Indianapolis
On Oct. 13, EMU's lacrosse team will face a three-game marathon in Indianapolis, kicking off against Cincinnati at 11:10 a.m., followed by a matchup against UIndy at 1:20 p.m., and wrapping up against Butler at 3:30 p.m.

Soccer Showdown vs. Western Michigan
EMU soccer fans, don’t miss the battle against conference rival Western Michigan on Oct. 13 at 1 p.m. in Ypsilanti. It’s sure to be a heated contest as the Eagles aim to defend their home turf.

Tennis at ITA Midwest Regional
Meanwhile, EMU’s tennis team will compete at the ITA Midwest Regional in Columbus, Ohio, from Oct. 13-14, testing their skills against some of the best collegiate players in the region.

Volleyball vs. Northern Illinois
On Oct. 17, the volleyball team returns home to take on Northern Illinois at 6 p.m. in Ypsilanti, followed by a second home match against Western Michigan on Oct. 18 at 7:30 p.m.

Cross Country at Arturo Barrios and Falcon Invites
The EMU cross country teams will split their efforts on Oct. 18, with both men’s and women’s teams competing at the Arturo Barrios Invitational in College Station, Texas, and the Falcon Invite in Bowling Green, Ohio.

Other Key Matchups:

• Oct. 18: Soccer at Northern Illinois, 2 p.m. in DeKalb, Illinois
  • Oct. 18: Swimming & Diving vs. Cleveland State at 3 p.m. in Cleveland, Ohio
  • Oct. 19: Football vs. Central Michigan (Homecoming) at 2 p.m. in Ypsilanti
  • Oct. 19: Women’s Rowing at the Head of the Charles in Boston, Massachusetts
  • Oct. 21-23: Women’s Golf at the Rainbow Wahine Invitational in Kapolei, Hawaii

With so much to look forward to, be sure to cheer on your Eastern Michigan Eagles. Stay updated with The Eastern Echo for all the latest news, scores, and updates on EMU athletics.