The Eastern Echo Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2024 | Print Archive

Outside Ypsilanti Freighthouse

What's the move? Sept. 16 - Sept. 22

Check out these events happening on and around Eastern Michigan University's campus this week.

Volleyball vs Michigan State - Sept. 16

See Eastern Michigan Volleyball take on Michigan State. The first 100 watchers will get a limited edition t-shirt and there will also be a pre-match block party. The event will be held in the George Gervin Gameabove Center from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.

EMU 175th Birthday Bash - Sept. 17

Stop by the Student Center - Lower Level Dining Room for sweet treats and fun to celebrate EMU’s birthday. The event will run from 2-5 p.m.

Narcan Overdose Prevention - Layman Training - Sept. 18

Learn how to use Narcan in training, free of charge. To register email amickevi@emich.edu. Include your name, training date, department, and EID. The training will be held in Halle Library 300 and will take place from 8:30-9:30 a.m.

Ethics Bowl information meeting- Sept. 18

Interested in ethics? Consider looking into the Ethics Bowl. The meeting will be held in Pray Harrold 702 G from 5 to 6 p.m.

Study Abroad Fair - Sept 19

Learn more about the Study Abroad program by meeting with faculty. The event is free to attend and LBC-approved. It will be in the Eateries section of the Student Center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Saturn: Jewel of the Heavens at the EMU Planetarium - Sept. 19

Explore Saturn, its rings, and many of its moons. This event is $5 and open to the public as well. The event is in the Mark Jefferson Science Complex 402 from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Get your tickets here.

Beyond Choir Concert- Earth & All Stars - Sept 20

EMU Choirs will host Beyond, a new professional choral ensemble based in Ypsilanti, to perform in the Honors College. The event is free with an EMU ID and will be in the Honors College Auditorium from 7:30-9:30 p.m.

Movie in the Park: Problemista - Sept. 20

Catch the first movie in the park with "Problemista." It will play at the University Park Amphitheatre from 8-10 p.m.

EMU Football vs. Saint Francis University - Sept. 21

Watch the Eagles go up against the Red Flash at Rynearson Stadium. The game starts at 2 p.m.

House of Jit at the Freighthouse - Sept. 21

See Detroit Jit in Rhythm of the Feet, an evening-length dance piece written by House of Jit founder Michael Manson at the Ypsilanti Freighthouse. The event is free and begins at 7:30.

For Families: Dance Party for Kids with House of Jit at the Freighthouse - Sept. 22

Join House of Jit founder Michael Manson and friends perform and also interact with audience members after the show. The performance is free and begins at 11 a.m.