The Eastern Echo Sunday, Sept. 29, 2024 | Print Archive

Legacy-Sponberg Theatres

What’s the move? Sept. 30 - Oct. 6

What’s the move? Sept. 30-Oct. 6.

Check out these events happening on and around Eastern Michigan University's campus this week.

Jim Gerstein: "Making Sense of the Jewish Vote" - Sept. 29.

Attend a discussion of Jewish voters' political beliefs and values. The event is LBC credit-approved will occur in the Student Center, Room 300 and will run from 6:30-8:30 p.m.

LGBT Resource Center Exhibit - Celebrating 30 Years - Oct. 1. - Oct. 5

See the growth and impact of the LGBT Resource Center over 30 years in this free all day exhibit located in Halle Library, Room 115.

College of Business DEIB & J Speaker Michael Pugh - Oct. 2.

Hear EMU alumni Michael Pugh speak as a part of the College of Business’ Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging & Justice speaker series. The speech is open to the public, LBC credit-approved and will take place in the Student Center, Room 310, from 5:30-7 p.m.

Queering the Revolution: Homosexuality & the Trials of Robert Newburgh - Oct. 3

Learn about queer history in the revolutionary war and about the trial of Robert Newburgh. The event is LBC credit-approved and will take place in the Halle Library Auditorium from 4-5 p.m.

Alice by Heart presented by EMU Theatre - Oct. 3-6

See Alice in Wonderland and WWII collide in a musical presented by EMU Theatre in the Judy Sturgis Hill Legacy Theatre. The performance is LBC credit-approved and will go from 7-8:45 p.m. Get your tickets here.

Highland Cemetery Evening Lantern Tours - Oct. 4

Tour and listen to stories of those who onced lived in Ypsilanti and now rest in the Highland Cemetery. The event is free and starts at 7 p.m.

Holy Bones Festival - Oct. 4 - Oct. 5

See a weird and wonderful showcase of performers, artists, and events. The tickets are $10 and the festival will be held at the Ypsilanti Performance Space from 5-9 p.m.

Your Roadmap to a Professional Career- Resume and Networking Event - Oct. 5

Polish your resume and learn networking skills at SPARK East from 9:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Preregister here.

Clean Up Ypsi & Paint Pumpkins - Oct. 5

Help clean a portion of Depot Town and paint pumpkins while eating donuts and drinking cider at Riverside Park. The event runs from 3-5 p.m.

Michigan Pagan Gathering Vendor Event - Oct. 6

Check out a variety of vendors’ goods and skills at the Ypsilanti Freighthouse. Entrance is free and the event takes place from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.