BBQueer Event 2023

What’s the move? Sept. 2-Sept 8

Check out these events happening on and around Eastern Michigan University's campus this week.

Yoga Asana - Sept. 2

Relax and strengthen with a Monday night yoga class at Rhizome Roots Studio. There are two different class options with Vinyasa Flow from 6:30-7:15 p.m. or Yin Yoga & Meditation from 7:30-8:15 p.m.

CHHS Welcome Back Raffle Event - Sept. 3

Grab yourself a donut and enter your name in a raffle to win a plushie of Swoop from 9-11 a.m. The raffle will be held in the Marshall building in Room 206.

Riverside’s Ypsi Fine Arts Club - Sept. 4

See a showcase and learn about local artists' process at the Riverside Arts Center from 5-8 p.m.

Sex in the Dark - Sept. 4

Get answers to intimacy and relationship questions from a live panel of experts in a judgement-free zone with nonalcoholic mixed drinks provided in the Student Center Ballroom from 7-9 p.m.

Welcome Back BBQueer - Sept 5.

Join the LGBT Resource Center’s fall kickoff which will include food, prizes, Drag Bingo, and a way to set up support and connections for the school year. The event is on the Student Center Patio from 5-7:30 p.m.

The Bones and the Bees Artisan Market - Sept. 6

See the works and items made by over 75 artists at this artisan market at the Ypsilanti Freighthouse. Entry is free for all and the market is open from 5-9 p.m.

Library Program: Birding Basics - Sept. 7

Join Naturalist Kelsey Dehring and learn about how to identify birds based on markings and sounds. Binoculars are provided and the program is being held at the Saline District Library from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Register here.

Live Music at Ziggys: Afrobeat Caribbean Vibes - Sept 7.

Hear Reggae, Rap and Afrobeat mixes, and try some local Jamaican food at Ziggys. The cost is $10 for the whole night and the event starts at 6 p.m.

Baubles & Bling Tea With Rosie the Riveter Make and Take - Sept. 8

Meet real WWII Rosie the Riveters while enjoying tea and making jewelry. The event is at The Newton of Ypsilanti, costs $55, and runs from 2-4 p.m. 

51st Anniversary Dawn Farm Jamboree - Sept. 8

See animals, grab a bite, and participate in activities at Dawn Farm’s 51st anniversary celebration. The event is free for all and is scheduled from 1-6 p.m.