The Eastern Echo Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2024 | Print Archive

Golf

Eagle Tips and Tales: September 3-9

Eagle Tips and Tales is back for its second week, bringing you the latest updates on EMU Athletics. As we settle into the new semester, here’s what’s happening.

Eastern Michigan University is set for an action-packed week of athletics from September 3-9. The week will feature intense volleyball matchups and a competitive men's golf tournament that promises to keep fans on the edge of their seats.

Volleyball Takes on Michigan in Ann Arbor

The week starts with a high-stakes volleyball showdown as the Eastern Michigan Eagles face off against the Michigan Wolverines in Ann Arbor on Wednesday, September 4. The match, set for 7 p.m., promises to be thrilling as the Eagles aim to make their mark against a formidable Big Ten opponent.

EMU Tournament Brings Action to Ypsilanti

Following their road game, the Eagles will host the highly anticipated EMU Volleyball Tournament at the Convocation Center starting Friday, September 6. Eastern Michigan will take on tough competitors in a series of back-to-back matches, including Oakland, George Washington, and Marshall.

• Friday, September 6:
    • 11 a.m.: Volleyball starts the tournament with a match against Oakland, followed by George Washington at 11 a.m. This will be the first of several intense matchups that day.
    • 4 p.m.: The Eagles will return to the court for a clash with Marshall, followed by another encounter with George Washington at 6:30 p.m.
  • Saturday, September 7:
    • 11 a.m.: The action resumes with Marshall facing George Washington, setting the stage for an exciting day of volleyball.
    • 3 p.m.: Eastern Michigan takes on Marshall in a match broadcast live on ESPN+.
    • 7 p.m.: The tournament concludes with a thrilling face-off against Oakland, also airing on ESPN+.

Fans can expect a weekend full of energy and competition as the Eagles aim to dominate their home turf and build momentum for the rest of the season.

Men's Golf Takes on Southern Dunes Collegiate in Arizona

As excitement builds in Ypsilanti, the EMU men’s golf team will make their mark in Maricopa, Arizona, at the Southern Dunes Collegiate tournament from September 9-10. This all-day event will put the Eagles to the test as they compete against elite collegiate golf teams on a stunning yet challenging desert course. The tournament offers the team a chance to showcase their skills and determination in what promises to be a fiercely competitive setting.

Don't Miss Out!

This week is packed with opportunities for EMU fans to show their support. Whether you're cheering for the volleyball team at the Convocation Center or following the golf team's progress online, there's no shortage of excitement in Eastern Michigan athletics this week.