The Eastern Echo Sunday, Sept. 29, 2024 | Print Archive

Flags at Rynearson

Eagle Tips and Tales: Sept. 30-Oct. 5

Eagle Tips and Tales is back with an exciting lineup of Eastern Michigan University athletics events! From volleyball clashes to cross-country competitions, here’s what to look forward to this week.

Volleyball at Central Michigan
Kicking off the week, the EMU volleyball team travels to Mount Pleasant on Oct. 1 for a 6 p.m. matchup against Central Michigan. This critical MAC showdown will test the Eagles' skills as they look to secure a crucial victory on the road.

Men’s Golf at The Indy at Forest Hills
Oct. 4, the men’s golf team heads to Richmond, Indiana, for The Indy at Forest Hills, an all-day competition. The Eagles are eager to showcase their talent and compete against strong opponents in this prestigious tournament.

Tennis at Indiana Invitational
Oct. 4, the tennis team will participate in the Indiana Invitational in Bloomington, with match times yet to be announced. This event will provide an excellent opportunity for the Eagles to gain valuable experience against competitive teams.

Cross-Country at Joe Piane Invitational
Oct. 4, the men’s and women’s cross-country teams will be at the Joe Piane Invitational in South Bend, Indiana. Start times are still to be determined, but the Eagles are ready to test their speed and endurance against regional rivals.

Volleyball vs. Miami
Returning to Ypsilanti, the volleyball team will take on Miami at 6 p.m. on Oct. 4. With the home crowd cheering them on, the Eagles will look to build momentum and secure another conference win.

Women’s Rowing at Head of the Grand
On Oct. 5, the women’s rowing team heads to East Lansing for the Head of the Grand Regatta, with specific times still to be announced. This event will be an excellent chance for the Eagles to demonstrate teamwork and skill against competitors.

Tennis at Indiana Invitational
The tennis team will continue participating in the Indiana Invitational on Oct. 5, competing in Bloomington for another day of matches. It's a packed weekend that promises to be full of action.

Lacrosse at Michigan & vs. Central Michigan
The lacrosse team will also be busy on Oct. 5, facing off against Michigan in Ann Arbor and later hosting Central Michigan. Times are yet to be confirmed, but it’s sure to be a thrilling day of lacrosse action.

Swimming & Diving vs. Green vs. White Scrimmage
Wrapping up the week, the swimming and diving team hosts the Green vs. White Scrimmage at 1 p.m. on Oct. 5 in Ypsilanti. This event will allow the Eagles to showcase their talent in front of the home crowd as they gear up for the season.

With so much action this week, EMU athletics has something for everyone. Whether cheering from the stands or following along online, show your support for the Eagles!