The Eastern Echo Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2024 | Print Archive

Umass vs Emu Sept.16 2023

Eagle Tips and Tales: Sept. 17-23

Eagle Tips and Tales is back for another exciting week, giving you the scoop on Eastern Michigan University athletics. From cross-country races to football’s home showdown, here’s what to expect from Sept. 17-23.

Women’s Golf
The action starts early as the EMU women’s golf team competes in the Leadership and Golf Invitational from Sept. 16-17 in University Place, Washington. This event will test the Eagles’ skills against top collegiate golfers nationally.

Soccer vs. Central Michigan
On Sept. 19, EMU women’s soccer returns to Ypsilanti for a 4:30 p.m. matchup against MAC rival Central Michigan. With the home crowd behind them, the Eagles will aim to win a critical conference.

Men’s Golf
The men’s golf team hits the road for the William H. Tucker Intercollegiate in Albuquerque, New Mexico, from Sept. 20-21. It’s a weekend of competition as the Eagles look to make their mark against strong opponents.

Cross Country
On Sept. 20, the men’s and women’s cross-country teams travel to Kalamazoo for the George Dale Invitational. Start times are yet to be announced, but it’s sure to be an exciting race as the Eagles take on regional competitors.

Volleyball on the Road
EMU volleyball faces a trio of tough matches this week, starting with Indiana State at 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 20 in Fort Wayne, Indiana. They’ll be back in action on Sept. 21, taking on Saint Francis at 1:30 p.m. before a game at 7 p.m. against Purdue Fort Wayne. It’s a packed weekend for the volleyball squad as they aim to rack up wins on the road.

Football vs. Saint Francis
Football fans, get ready! EMU football takes on Saint Francis at 2 p.m. on Sept. 21 at Rynearson Stadium. The Eagles are ready to defend their home turf, and with the home opener behind them, the team is eager to keep the momentum going. Don't forget to grab a "Water Tower Power" beer as you cheer on the Green and White.

Soccer at Buffalo
On Sept. 22, the women’s soccer team heads to Buffalo for a 1 p.m. kickoff. Another key MAC matchup, this game will be an actual test for the Eagles as they look to secure a road victory.

Women’s Golf at Golfweek Challenge
The week closes with the women’s golf team competing in the GolfWeek Challenge from Sept. 23-25 in Wolcott, Colorado. This all-day event will be the perfect opportunity for the Eagles to showcase their talents in a picturesque setting.

EMU athletics has something for everyone this week, from the greens to the field. Whether you're attending a game in person or following online, show your support for the Eagles!