The Eastern Echo Sunday, Sept. 22, 2024 | Print Archive

DSC_0567.JPG

Eagle Sports Tips and Tales: Sept. 23-29

Eagle Tips and Tales is back, bringing you the latest updates on EMU Athletics! As September rolls on, here’s what’s happening from Sept. 23-29.

Women’s Golf Competes in GolfWeek Challenge
The week kicks off with the EMU women’s golf team heading to Wolcott, Colorado, for the GolfWeek Challenge from Sept. 23 to 25. This all-day event features the Eagles competing against top-tier competition in one of the most prestigious tournaments of the season.

Soccer Faces Toledo in Ypsilanti
On Sept. 26, the EMU women’s soccer team returns home to take on Toledo in a key Mid-American Conference (MAC) match. Kickoff is at 4:30 p.m. at Scicluna Field in Ypsilanti, where the Eagles will look to secure a crucial win in front of their home crowd.

Volleyball Battles Kent State
Later that evening, EMU volleyball heads on the road for back-to-back MAC matchups against Kent State. The Eagles will face off against the Golden Flashes at 6 p.m. on Sept. 26 and 27 in Kent, Ohio, with two key victories up for grabs as the team fights to improve its conference standing.

Football Heads to Kent State
Eastern Michigan’s football team will travel to Kent, Ohio, on Sept. 28 for their first Mid-American Conference (MAC) game of the season against Kent State. Kickoff is set for 3:30 p.m., and the Eagles will be looking to carry their momentum from non-conference play into this crucial matchup as they aim to start their MAC campaign with a win.

Men’s Golf at Virtues Intercollegiate
The EMU men’s golf team is back in action from Sept. 28-29, competing at the Virtues Intercollegiate in Nashport, Ohio. This all-day event allows the Eagles to showcase their talent as they take on a competitive field.

Soccer Takes on Ball State
Wrapping up the week, EMU women’s soccer hits the road on Sept. 29 to face Ball State. The match kicks off at 1 p.m. in Muncie, Indiana, as the Eagles continue their push through the MAC season.

Don’t Miss Out!
Whether you’re cheering on the soccer team in Ypsilanti, following the golf tournaments online, or tuning in to see football and volleyball battles on the road, there’s plenty of action in Eastern Michigan athletics this week.