The Eastern Echo Saturday, Oct. 5, 2024 | Print Archive

mcantrell_20231104_1932.jpg

What's the move?: Aug 19 -25

Check out these events happening on and around Eastern Michigan University's campus this week.

Zumba with Kadesha & Teri - Aug 19

Get to dancing at Zumba in the Riverside Arts Center from 6-7 p.m. Classes are $7 with a student ID and $10 for a drop in

Tai Chi Class – Nine Heavens Healing Arts - Aug 20

Learn the Yang 24 form including theory, application, breathing, energy patterns and more at the Riverside Arts Center Dance Studio from 6-7 p.m. Drop-ins are welcome.

Graduate School Orientation - Aug 20

New admissions to the graduate school may attend an orientation to meet university administrators, graduate advisors, faculty, support staff and fellow peers. The event is on Zoom from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Here is a link to the meeting

Summer Adult Hikes: Bumblebees - Aug 21

Join Naturalist Elle Bogle at Northfield Woods Preserve for a hike and a chance to learn more about the many different species of bumblebees in Michigan. The event runs from 2-3:30 p.m. Register here

CPR, AED, and First Aid Training - Aug 21

University employees may attend free safety training in Halle Library room 300 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. To register, email kwilhoff@emich.edu. Include your name, training date, department, and EID.

Depot Town Cruise Nights & Rally in the Alley - Aug 22

Enjoy seeing exotic and classic cars on display in Depot Town. The event is from 5:00-9:00 p.m.

Ech0labs Light Industries Presents: The Fallout Shelter - Aug 22

Check out local djs and electronic artists at 734 Brewing Company from 7:30 p.m. to 12 a.m. The event is free with a $5 donation suggestion.

John E. Lawrence Summer Jazz Series - Aug 23

Don’t miss the final performance of the summer jazz series at Ford Lake Park from 7-9 p.m. Parking is $10.

Michigan Firehouse Museum Fire Truck Muster - Aug 24

Go to Riverside Park and see antique fire trucks on display and enjoy activities. Admission is free and the Michigan Firehouse Museum will also have free admission for the day. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Parkridge Summerfest & Joe Dulin Community Day - Aug 24

Celebrate the annual community day at Parkridge Park. The event is free for all ages.

The Art of Process: Longing + Belonging - Aug 25

Work shop your creative process with Pat B Allen, a celebrated artist, author and pioneering art therapist at the top floor of the Riverside Arts Center from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Cost is $150