The Eastern Echo Saturday, Sept. 14, 2024 | Print Archive

Lakeview Apartments

Target and EMU partnership hosts dream decor contest

Two lucky students at the Westview or Lakeview Apartments are going to receive a $500 gift card from Target to decorate their apartment.

With the cost of living increasing, Eastern Michigan University and Target have teamed up to launch the “Reface My Living Space” initiative. The goal of the initiative is to help students who are moving into apartments get furniture so that they can focus on other things.

Any students living in Lakeview or Westview apartments during the fall semester can apply to win the gift cards using this link.

The application requires students to submit a 300–500 word entry on how they would use the gift card to decorate their apartment and how it would help them in their lives.

Some of the other questions on the application ask, “How will a well-decorated apartment contribute to your educational success and overall well-being?” and “How would winning this Target gift card ease the financial burden of decorating your apartment?” All entries must be submitted by 11 p.m. August 28, 2024.

Before entering, applicants should also know that there are criteria after the winners are chosen.

Winners are expected to post a video on Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook using a hashtag and talking about how excited they are for the opportunity to receive the gift card. Also, film a video of themselves shopping at Target and show prices of different items. Then they have to show all the things they purchased and explain why they bought those items. After that, they show the final look of the dorm when it’s all finished.

The last requirement is to post updates and tag Eastern and Target in every post. More details about the requirements can be found in the application.

A panel of judges will review all of the entries and choose the winners based on originality, financial need, academic goals, and creativity.