The Eastern Echo Friday, Sept. 13, 2024 | Print Archive

TheFactory.jpg

EMU Athletics presents "Movie Night at The Factory"

Eastern Michigan University (EMU) Athletics will once again host "Movie Night at The Factory" at Rynearson Stadium on Thursday, August 29.

The annual event offers fans the chance to enjoy a family-friendly movie under the stars on the stadium's iconic gray turf.

Gates will open at 7 p.m., with the movie Inside Out 2 starting at approximately 7:30 p.m. The event is free, and fans are encouraged to bring blankets to sit on the field, as no furniture is allowed.

Concessions will be available, but only bottled water is permitted on the turf. The movie will move indoors to the George Gervin GameAbove Center in the case of inclement weather.

"As a department, it was a good opportunity for people to come out to a new look at Rynearson Stadium and enjoy Crosby Field for the first time in this format. It also was an opportunity to continue community engagement and start the holiday weekend in a unique way," said Greg Steiner, Associate Athletic Director/Media Relations for EMU Athletics.

The Fun Zone will open at 7 p.m., providing on-field activities for attendees before the movie starts.

As the fall sports season approaches, this event serves as a community gathering to kick off the excitement.

The EMU Ticket Office has also announced the sale of 2024 ticket packages, with the first home game on September 14 against Jacksonville State University. Fans can find more information and purchase tickets through the official EMU website.

"Anything is possible—we'll continue to evaluate ways to ensure that Ypsilanti and the Eastern Michigan University community have a first-class experience anytime they set foot on our campus," added Steiner, hinting at the potential for more community events.