The Eastern Echo Monday, Sept. 9, 2024 | Print Archive

EMU vs. UMass

Eastern Michigan University's Brian Dooley signs with Tennessee Titans

Eastern Michigan University's Brian Dooley, a standout offensive lineman, continues to make waves in the football world. On April 27, Dooley signed as an undrafted free agent with the Tennessee Titans, marking the beginning of his professional journey in the NFL. This significant achievement comes after a stellar collegiate career where Dooley set records and earned accolades for his exceptional performance and inspiring character.

Dooley leaves Eastern Michigan as the all-time leader in career games played (62) and games started (60), a testament to his durability and consistent excellence on the field. His contributions to the team extended beyond his on-field prowess. In 2023, Dooley received the prestigious Disney Spirit Award, given annually to the most inspirational figures in college football. This honor recognized his remarkable dedication to community service, amassing over 100 hours of volunteer work. Notably, Dooley made headlines for his selfless act of giving up his full-ride scholarship to a fellow lineman, showcasing his leadership and generosity.

Dooley's talents were recognized by the NFL and the USFL's Michigan Panthers, who selected him as their fourth pick in the 2024 USFL College Draft. This dual recognition underscores Dooley's high regard in professional football circles and presents another exciting opportunity to showcase his skills.

As Dooley transitions to the next chapter of his football career, the Tennessee Titans and the Michigan Panthers can look forward to the dedication, leadership, and talent he consistently demonstrated at Eastern Michigan. His journey inspires aspiring athletes and is a point of pride for the Eastern Michigan community.