The Eastern Echo Sunday, Sept. 8, 2024 | Print Archive

Riverside Arts Center 4

What's the move? July 29-Aug. 4

Check out these events happening around Eastern Michigan University's campus this week.

Noise Permit Workshop - July 29

Ypsilanti District Library invites teens to celebrate music, arts and culture in the community in workshops. The workshops will be located at Parkridge Community Center from 4:30-6 p.m.

Get Hands-On In The Gardens! - July 30

Grow your gardening skills by gardening with the community at County Farm Park. Pre-registration is required and can be found here. The event takes place from 9:30-11:30 a.m.

Depot Town Comedy Open Mic - July 31

Enjoy a free comedy show and watch voices from marginalized communities be uplifted at the same time at 734 Brewing Company. The open mic is free and runs from 7:30-10:30 p.m.

TRUEMU Night with the Detroit Tigers - Aug. 1

Watch the Detroit Tigers go up against the Kansas City Royals in Comerica Park at 6:40 p.m. Every ticket purchased includes a $5 donation to the EMU Student Emergency Fund and a Detroit Tigers/EMU quarterzip. Tickets are $32 and can be purchased here.

Depot Town Cruise Nights & Rally in the Alley - Aug. 1

Enjoy seeing exotic and classic cars on display in Depot Town. The event is from 5-9 p.m.

Neighborhood Nature Restoration Days - County Farm Park - Aug. 2

Give back to nature by helping with restoration in County Farm Park. Gloves and snacks are provided, and the event runs from 1-4 p.m.

Riverside Swings - Aug. 2

Swing dance at Riverside Arts Center! Open dance runs from 9-11:30 p.m. General admission is $5, and student admission is $4.

Home Slice- An unscripted slice-of-life play in a different home every show - Aug. 3

Go to The YPSI and see an unscripted show presented by The Whatabout Theatre. General admission is $15, and the show runs from 8-10 p.m.

Intro to Archery - Aug. 4

Ages eight and up can learn archery at Staebler Farm. The event has two sections running from 10-11:30 a.m. or 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Register here.