The Eastern Echo Saturday, Sept. 7, 2024 | Print Archive

734 Brewing Company 3

What's the move? July 15-21

Check out these events happening around Eastern Michigan University's campus this week.

Zumba with Kadesha & Teri - July 15

Join instructors Kadesha and Teri for a Zumba session in the dance studio of Riverside Arts Center. This weekly class occurs every Monday from 6-6:55 p.m., and the first class attended is free of charge. After the first class, each class costs $10 with a student ID or $15 without. There are also pass options available, which allow for the payment of multiple classes at once.

Depot Town Comedy Open Mic - July 17

Visit 734 Brewing Company for its weekly comedy open mic night. Hosted by Lisa Green, the free event will run from 7:30-10:30 p.m.

Ann Arbor Art Fair - July 18-20

The annual Ann Arbor Art Fair is returning to downtown Ann Arbor on July 18-20. The event spans three days, with a different art fair taking place each day. The Ann Arbor Art Fair, The Original will be featured on July 18 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., The Guild's Ann Arbor Summer Art Fair will be featured on July 19 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and the Ann Arbor State Street District Art Fair will be featured on July 20 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Around 1,000 artists are expected to be present across all three days.

YDL Bookmobile Storytime - July 19

Head to the Ypsilanti District Library's main branch located on Michigan Avenue for a storytime on the library's Bookmobile. With songs and activities featured, kids of all ages are welcome to partake in the event. It will take place from 3-4 p.m.

OBERUN 5K - July 19

Head to Wiard's Orchards to partake in the annual OBERUN 5K, with the route leading to a beer garden. The garden, presented by Bell's Brewery, will feature Oberon. All runners will receive one for free, which is included in the registration fee. The event will also include bonfires, corn hole, food trucks, and more. Registration costs $42, and the link to register can be accessed through the event's website. Individuals must register by noon on July 17 to partake in the event, which will begin at 6:30 p.m on July 19.

John E. Lawrence Summer Jazz Series: Marion Meadows - July 19

Listen to a performance by Marion Meadows as part of this week's John E. Lawrence Summer Jazz Series. The free concert will be held at Ford Lake Park from 7-9 p.m., and parking will cost $10. Individuals are also asked to bring their own lawn chairs.

Ypsilanti Farmers Market - July 20

Visit Depot Town to shop from a variety of produce, crafts, and more from local vendors. Located at 100 Rice St., the Ypsilanti Farmers Market will take place every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. through summer.

Herbal Energetics with Heather Hall - July 20

Head to the Bloodroot Herb Shop for a day of learning about the relationship between herbs and individuals. Led by Heather Hall, the event will take place from 1:30-3 p.m. and costs $40 to attend. Tickets can be purchased at the door or ahead of time online.

Ypsilanti Community Schools: Jazz in the Parking Lot - July 20

Join Ypsilanti Community Schools for its annual Jazz in the Parking Lot event. The free event will include live jazz music, free hot dogs for children, community resource tables, and more. Enrollment information for families in the community will also be made available. The event will take place from 6-9 p.m. at Shadford Field. There will be no parking available at the location of the event; parking will be available at the Ypsilanti Community High School and Estabrook Elementary.

Ypsilanti Beer Choir - July 20

Head to the Corner Brewery for the first meeting of the Beyond Beer Choir. This event will feature a combination of drink and song, with attendees singing from the Beer Choir Hymnal (Volume II). No singing experience is required, and admission to the event is free. It will take place from 7:30-9:30 p.m.

WRAP Movie Night - July 20

Join the Washtenaw Recovery Advocacy Project at their free movie night. Popcorn and soda will also be provided for free, and attendees are asked to bring their own lawn chairs and blankets. The movie will be shown at Frog Island Park, and it is scheduled to begin at dusk.

Thunder Over Michigan Air Show - July 20-21

The Thunder Over Michigan Air Show, which is presented by the Wayne County Airport Authority, will be returning to Willow Run Airport. The two-day event will feature a variety of aircraft, with gates opening at 8 a.m. and closing at 5 p.m. on both days. Admission tickets and parking passes can be purchased through the event's website.