The Eastern Echo Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2024 | Print Archive

Caterina Don

Caterina Don named EMU Women's Assistant Golf Coach after playing career at Georgia

Coaching changes have been made in and around Eastern Michigan Athletics in the spring and summer. Caterina Don has become the newest hire and is now an assistant coach for the Eastern Michigan Women’s Golf Program.

Don makes history by becoming the first assistant coach in Women’s Golf at Eastern Michigan. The program has been in existence since 1996.

Don arrived in Ypsilanti after five years of being associated with The University of Georgia as a golfer. She was a member of the All-SEC Second Team three times as a member of the Bulldogs and was ranked 31st in the NCAA scoreboard rankings in the 2023-24 season.

Don also led the Bulldogs in many other categories this past year. Some of these include a scoring average of 71.54, par-or-better rounds of 21, and 127 birdies. She posted the fourth-best scoring average in the school's history.

Don improved tremendously during the 2022-23 season at UGA. In the spring semester, her average went from 74.67 to 73.86. She also had the highest GPA among Georgia senior student-athletes and went on to win the San Diego State Classic that season.

Don competed in all 11 tournaments in the 2021-22 season as well. She was the top finisher for the Bulldogs in two of those tournaments. She also made the NCAA Regional and Championships that year.

In her career, Don also competed in major golf tournaments in big-time places. She also competed in the inaugural Augusta National Women’s Amateur in 2019 and 2021.

The assistant coach was born and raised in Italy and attended high school in Pinerolo.