The Eastern Echo Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2024 | Print Archive

Legacy-Sponberg Theatres

What's the move at EMU? April 24-29

Check out these events happening on and around campus this week.

Check out these events happening on and around Eastern Michigan University's campus this week.

Finals Week Movie Lounge - April 24-27

Join Campus Life in relaxing with movies, snacks and massages. Taking place on the first floor of the Student Center, multiple movies will run daily from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. with massages available from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.

Solar Jam Session for De-stressin' - April 24

Campus Life will be hosting a jam session with Afro Moone & Friends in which individuals can participate using instruments they bring or listen to the music of others. The session will take place from 12-2 p.m. on the first floor of the Student Center, and the link to register for performing can be accessed @emucampuslife on Instagram.

Kaleigh Wilder Trio: The Story Cuts Across What the Map Cuts Up - April 25*

A U-M University Musical Society residency event, three musicians Kaleigh Wilder, Jaribu Shahid and Ben Hall, along with dancer Alexandria Davis, will perform an original act that discusses Afro-diasporic narratives. The performance will begin at 7:30 p.m. in the Ypsilanti Freighthouse.

Reconnecting Currents: A Healing at the Huron with Marsae Lynette - April 27*

U-M University Musical Society will be hosting an event with Marsae Lynette as part of its residency. Individuals will have the opportunity to partake in activities that highlight connection with the environment, focusing on freshwater. With the event starting at 7:30 p.m. in the Ypsilanti Freighthouse, aspects of watching a film, viewing a dance, and walking to the Huron River will be encompassed.

2023 Fauxny Awards - April 28

The Players at EMU Board will be presenting the 2023 Fauxny Awards to honor and highlight the 2022-23 EMU Theatre season. With the ceremony beginning at 7 p.m. in the Legacy Theatre, there will be snacks and refreshments available during the following reception. The link to register can be accessed @emutheatre on Instagram.

Open Mic Night - April 28

During the U-M University Musical Society residency, Rochelle Clark will be hosting an open mic night in which community members will each have ten minutes to perform. It will start at 7:30 p.m. in the Ypsilanti Freighthouse, and registration for those who want to perform will begin at 7 p.m. at the location. The decision of who performs will be done so randomly. With the event free to attend, no prior registration is required.

Late Night DJ Set with Todd Osborn - April 28

DJ Todd Osborn will be performing a set as part of the U-M University Musical Society residency, and it will begin at 10 p.m. in the Ypsilanti Freighthouse. The event is free to attend, and registration is not required.

John E. Lawrence and The Power Band - April 29*

The final performance during the U-M University Musical Society residency, John E. Lawrence and The Power Band will be presenting a jazz performance starting at 7:30 p.m. in the Ypsilanti Freighthouse.

*These events are "pay what you can," and tickets can be purchased through the U-M University Musical Society website.