The Eastern Echo Saturday, Sept. 21, 2024 | Print Archive

Police Blotter, Sept. 30

Friday, Sept. 26

A female was found intoxicated near College Place and Cross Street at 1:29 a.m. She was transported to Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital.

A male student was found on the steps of the Commons Dining Center unresponsive due to excessive consumption of alcohol at 1:59 a.m. The student was transported to Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital. He will not be issued a citation, however he may face discipline under the Student Code of Conduct and Community Standards.

A female student was found intoxicated at Buell Hall at 3 a.m. She was transported to Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital. She will not receive a citation, however she may face discipline under the Student Code of Conduct and Community Standards.

Eastern Michigan University officers assisted the Ypsilanti Police Department in a disorderly conduct call at 3:30 a.m. on Perrin Street.

A small amount of marijuana was recovered from a student in Mayhew Lot 2 at 6:50 p.m. A passerby reported that they could smell marijuana in the parking lot. Officers identified the male student and cited him for paraphernalia after finding a small amount of what was believed to be marijuana. He may also face discipline under the Student Code of Conduct and Community Standards.

A resident in Hill Hall noticed that some money was missing from her room at 9:50 p.m. after she left her room unlocked for a short period of time. The crime is still under investigation and there are no current suspects at this time.

Saturday, Sept. 27

A male student was stopped on Normal Street and Washtenaw Avenue at 12:58 a.m. after he was found with an open intoxicant in public. He was cited for being a minor in possession and he may face discipline under the Student Code of Conduct and Community Standards.

Officers in the area of Campus Corner on Huron Street were called after an employee reported a male student was creating a disturbance at 1:32 a.m. The student was asked to leave the premises and may face discipline under the Student Code of Conduct and Community Standards.

Someone passing through the Student Center Pay Lot at 1:40 a.m. broke the parking gate arm. The crime is currently under investigation and there are no suspects at this time.

A male suspect was observed to be extremely intoxicated at Washington Street and Pearl Street at 3:31 a.m. Police discovered the suspect had warrants for his arrest in Pittsfield Township and turned him over to Pittsfield Police.

Police were called after a security guard discovered three students intoxicated near Hill Hall at 4:25 a.m. Two of the students, both female, were cited for minor in possession, while the other student, a male, was taken to Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital. The students may face discipline under the Student Code of Conduct and Community Standards.

At approximately 6:30 p.m. a man reported he was lured into an alley on Congress Street. While in the alley a male suspect pulled out a handgun and a struggle ensued, the victim was shot in the hand. The crime is currently under investigation and police have identified a possible suspect.

A male suspect was reported to be wielding an airsoft pistol at North Campus Lot One at 9:19 p.m. The suspect was removed from campus.

A student was cited for paraphernalia after someone reported the smell of marijuana in Pittman Hall at 9:59 p.m. Upon contact with the student, she admitted to having smoked marijuana. She may face discipline under the Student Code of Conduct and Community Standards.

Sunday, Sept. 28

An intoxicated male student was found by police outside of Hoyt Hall at 3:16 a.m. He was given a ticket for minor in possession and was transported to Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital. He may face discipline under the Student Code of Conduct and Community Standards.

A female student reported to housing staff in Buell Hall, at 4:41 p.m., that she was sexually assaulted last week. Police are still investigating.

A shadow box was stolen from an office in Downing Hall between May 1 at 12:00 a.m. and Sept. 24 at 12:00 a.m. There are currently no suspects and the crime is still under investigation.