The Eastern Echo Friday, Sept. 20, 2024 | Print Archive

Police Blotter

Campus:

Jan. 31 – A student was disturbing the peace at 10:11 a.m. in the Student Center. The student was upset at a SCCS hearing.

Money was stolen from an unattended wallet in Walton Hall. The crime was reported at 1:32 p.m., though the crime occurred sometime between 11:15 p.m. Jan. 30 and noon Jan. 31.

A vehicle window was smashed and personal property was stolen from a vehicle parked at Cornell Court Apartments. The crime was reported at 2:40 p.m. but is believed to have occurred between 8:30 p.m. Jan. 30 and noon Jan. 31.

Minor burn marks were reported on a dorm room door at 11:19 p.m. in Wise Hall.

Feb. 1 – At 11:50 p.m. subjects were found on the roof of Alexander.

Feb. 2 – A person was found in possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:56 a.m. in Sellers Hall.

Feb. 3 – An underage subject was found in possession and consumption of alcohol at 1:47 a.m. in Walton Hall.

A Dell laptop was stolen from an office at 2:53 p.m. at the Physical Plant.

A subject fled from a traffic stop and marijuana was found in the subject’s vehicle at 7:56 p.m. at Oakwood Street and Mayhew Street.

Feb. 4 – A nametag was burned at 2:37 a.m. in Walton hall.

Local:

Jan. 29 – A home invasion occurred on the 1400 block of East Clark Road. Several items were stolen.

Jan. 31 – A generator and a power washer were stolen from a parked car in the 5000 block of Bosuns Way.

A home invasion occurred in the 1300 block of Delaware Street. Investigators believe the incident occurred within the previous two weeks. Several items were stolen, including jewelry and three rifles.

A hit and run vehicle crash occurred at 8:00 p.m. in the 13000 block of Sanford Road. The vehicle crashed into the victim’s parked car, forcing it into the garage door.

Both the victim’s car and garage door were damaged. The suspect’s vehicle was described as a small silver or light gray pickup truck with an extended cab.

Feb. 1 – A burglary was attempted at 2:30 a.m. in the 7300 block of Currie Road. No property was reported stolen.

A home invasion occurred in the 8000 block of Chubb Road. A 24-year-old Canton man was arrested for the invasion.

Feb. 2 – An attempted home invasion occurred at 3:15 a.m. in the 900 block of Desoto Avenue. No entry was gained.

A residential burglary occurred in the 700 block of North Rosewood Avenue. Several items were stolen.

Two tires and two wheels were stolen from a car at the Gene Butman Ford dealership, 2105 Washtenaw Avenue.