The Eastern Echo Friday, Sept. 20, 2024 | Print Archive

Police Blotter

Campus:

Oct. 2 – At 1:10 a.m. an underage subject was found after consuming alcohol on College Place and West Cross Street.

A subject was found with a marijuana pipe at 2:10 a.m. near the Walton parking meters.

Oct. 3 – Three suspected counterfeit bills were discovered at 9:10 a.m. in the Student Center.

Oct. 4 – At approximately 8 a.m. a suspect in Wise Hall was using Facebook to harass a victim.

A credit card was used fraudulently at 10 a.m. at the Convocation Center.

Oct. 5 – After attempting to flee from the police at 2:10 a.m. near the Downing parking meters, a subject was found in possession of marijuana.

LOCAL:

Oct. 2 –Victims in the 2000 block of Draper Street discovered a broken basement window in their home. No property was reported stolen and the home invasion is still under investigation.

A Sylvania 32-inch flat-screen TV and desktop computer were stolen from a home in the 100 block of Russell Street. Entry was gained through a ground-floor window.

Cash was stolen from a parked motor vehicle in the 1000 block of East Michigan Avenue.

Oct. 3 – A burglary alarm sounded at approximately 12:15 a.m. at Stadium Cards and Comics at 2061 Golfside Rd. The responding deputies found a small hole cut into the glass of the business’ front door. No property was reported stolen.

While the victim was away, a subject gained entry to a residence in the 600 block of Villa Drive via a basement window. The suspect then ransacked the residence. A detailed list of the property stolen was not available at the time of this posting.

Two wheels and two tires were stolen from a car that had been parked in the 500 block of Nash Avenue.

A Canon 35-mm camera, a 16G purple Apple iPod Nano, a PlayStation 3 game system, Dell laptop and a Garmin GPS were stolen from a home in the 1200 block of North Prospect Road. Entry had been gained after the suspect forced open the front door.

A parked vehicle was spray painted in the 700 block of Lilac Lane.